5.26.2011

How and Why Wonder Books

For your perusal, here are a few great covers from the How and Why Wonder Book series from the 1960's. The illustrations are fantastic and I hope that you enjoy them!

I'm heading up to northern Wisconsin tomorrow to spend time with family. On Saturday we will be having a huge family reunion in Chippewa Falls at Irvine Park. We used to go there for family gatherings/celebrations when I was a kid, so it will be nostalgic. 

Have a good and safe Memorial Weekend. I'll be back here on Tuesday.

Wonder Book of Insects
By Ronald N. Rood
Illustrated by Cynthia and Alvin Koehler
Wonder Books, Inc., 1960

Wonder Book of Flight
by Harold Joseph Highland
Illustrated by George J. Zaffo
Wonder Books, Inc., 1961

Wonder Book of Rocks and Minerals
By Nelson W.  Hyler
Illustrated by Kenyon Shannon
Wonder Books, Inc., 1960

Wonder Book of Our Earth
By Felix Suttom
Illustrated by John Hull
Wonder Books, Inc., 1960

Wonder Book of Butterflies and Moths
Written by Ronald N. Rood
Illustrated by Cynthia and Alvin Koehler
Wonder Books, Inc., 1963

Back cover

Back cover

6 comments:

  1. we have tons of these. my son hasn't quite gotten to the age where he enjoys them fully yet, but someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember these well...I can see I am going to be addicted to your blog...it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for these, I have 3 so far articles on How and Why on my blog. (armourae blog)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. https://fr.scribd.com/lists/4391877/How-and-Why-Wonder-Books

    ReplyDelete